We all scream for ice cream!
Satisfy your ice cream cravings with the following tasty and refreshing homemade ice cream sandwich recipes…
S’mores Ice Cream Sandwiches
Nobody should have to choose between eating a delicious bowl of ice cream or an ooey gooey s’more.
For that reason, we suggest combining the two classic summertime desserts into a s’mores ice cream sandwich.
Here’s how to make this yummy treat…
- 7 ounces miniature marshmallows (about 4 cups)
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons vegetable shortening
- 2 teaspoons light-colored corn syrup
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 8 graham crackers, halved crosswise
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Place marshmallows in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment coated with cooking spray. Broil 30 seconds or until golden brown and toasted. Cool.
- Combine half-and-half and granulated sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Place yolks in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk until smooth. Gradually add hot half-and-half mixture to egg yolks, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Return egg mixture to pan; cook over medium heat 6 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly and reaches 160°, stirring constantly.
- Strain through a fine sieve into a large bowl set over a larger ice water-filled bowl. Let stand until cold, stirring occasionally. Place half-and-half mixture, marshmallows, and vanilla in a blender; process until smooth.
- Chill mixture 3 hours.
- Pour marshmallow mixture into the freezer can of an ice-cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Line an 11 x 7-inch freezer-safe dish with plastic wrap, allowing wrap to extend over ends of dish; spread ice cream in bottom of dish.
- Freeze 3 hours or until firm and then enjoy!
Recipe Source: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/smores-ice-cream-sandwiches-0
Fruity Pebbles Ice Cream Sandwiches
We firmly believe that the two most important meals of the day are breakfast and dessert!
So, why not mix these two mealtime staples together?
Indulge your sweet tooth with this sweet, cereal-coated ice cream sandwich.
Give it a try…
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 10 oz. bag marshmallows
- 6 c. Fruity Pebbles cereal
- 1 pt. vanilla ice cream
- Grease a medium sheet pan.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Once completely melted, add marshmallows and stir until completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat and quickly stir in Fruity Pebbles until well coated.
- Using wax paper or spatula, press mixture into sheet pan until about 1/2″ thick. Let cool at least 20 minutes.
- Using a cookie or biscuit cutter, punch out 8 circles.
- Place 1 big scoop of vanilla ice cream in between two Fruity Pebble circles and press down. Repeat to make 3 more sandwiches.
- Freeze until ready to serve.
Recipe Source: https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a47654/fruity-pebbles-ice-cream-sandwiches-recipe/
Blueberry Pie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Add fruit to your ice cream, and your dessert automatically becomes healthy, right?
We think so!
Get a full serving of antioxidant-rich blueberries when you give this delicious blueberry ice cream sandwich a try.
Here’s how it’s made…
- 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 5 tbs. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 sticks cold, unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of ice water
- 2 cups of blueberries
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- pinch of lemon zest
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 egg
- vanilla ice cream
- Sift flour, sugar and salt into the bowl of a food processor. Cube cold butter into small squares and place inside food processor.
- Pulse until butter is no larger than the size of a pea.
- Slowly stream ice water in the feeder, a few tablespoons at a time, until the dough just slightly starts to hold together. If the dough is a bit too wet, meaning it sticks to your hands when you pick it up, you can dip your hands in some flour and give it a few good kneads.
- Divide the dough in two, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- Toss blueberries in lemon juice, zest and cornstarch and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line the bottom of a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dust a surface with flour and roll out one of the dough halves until it’s very thin but not too fragile.
- Use a round cutter (I used a 2.5″ biscuit cutter) and cut out 20 rounds
- Place 10 on the baking sheet and spoon a few blueberries onto each round.
- Cover the blueberries with the other 10 pie crust rounds and press down the edges. I like to use the end of a chopstick, dipped in flour. If the two crusts don’t stick, you can seal them with an egg wash.
- Once all the pie cookies are sealed, brush with an egg wash.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the pies are a nice golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack for a few hours.
- Sandwich a small scoop of vanilla ice cream between two pie cookies.
- Serve immediately or keep covered in the freezer until ready to serve.
Recipe Source: https://honestlyyum.com/13887/blueberry-pie-ice-cream-sandwiches/
What is your favorite type of ice cream sandwich? Share with us in the comments below!