During the holidays, there’s a lot of pressure to give your loved ones the perfect gift.
However, on your quest to finding the best presents, you may find yourself with an empty wallet.
Starting off the New Year with maxed-out credit cards and a load of stress isn’t a great way to start 2016.
The holiday season doesn’t mean you have to overstretch your means—it just takes a little creativity and harnessing your talents.
Take advantage of these 14 easy and low-cost ways to spread the holiday cheer without running up your credit lines:
- Bake and decorate some holiday treats.
- Knit or crochet a scarf, mittens, or hat.
- Scrapbook a photo album with special memories of you and your loved one.
- Are you a painter? Paint a picture that would fit well in their home.
- Make an epic playlist.
- Paint wine glasses or coffee mugs with cute sayings.
- Decorate ornaments.
- Gift homemade soap.
- Make chocolate-covered strawberries or pretzels.
- Fill mason jars with the recipient’s favorite bite-sized treats.
- Make a pedicure kit with a mini nail polish bottle, nail file, and buffer.
- Create a bath basket—with soap, a loofah, and crystals from the dollar store.
- Put a DVD or $10 movie gift certificate in a popcorn bucket.
- Frame a favorite picture.
We’d love to hear your holiday budget-saving tips below!