Now that it’s finally December, the sounds of the festive season have finally begun! Everywhere you go, the holiday spirits infuses the air…a carol here, the Linus and Lucy theme song there!
Immerse yourself in the music that makes the holiday so enchanting. Here are a few of Charleston’s most exciting concerts, symphonies, and ballets for you and your family to enjoy:
- Nutcracker Ballet: From December 12 to December 13, the Charleston Ballet will be performing the classic ballet, The Nutcracker. Come to the Theatre Gaillard Auditorium on 77 Calhoun Street, and experience the magic of this holiday tradition! For more information, call 843.723.7334, or go to www.CharlestonBallet.com.
- Charleston Christmas Special: Broadway performers, Brad and Jennifer Moranz, take the stage at the Charleston Music Hall, with 20 talented performers, in this Christmas time tradition in the Lowcountry. Join them at 37 John Street on December 8 through December 22 for a holiday performance you won’t forget! Ticket prices range from $34 for adults, $31 for seniors and military, $19 for students with ID, and $16 for kids 12 & under. For more information, visit www.bradandjennifermoranz.com .
- Charleston Harbor Sleigh Ride Aboard “The Thriller”: Take a one-hour tour aboard the Thriller Charleston, a speedboat with seating for 43 people. Dress warm, sip on hot chocolate, listen to Christmas carols, and cozy up with warm waterproof blankets for this unique Charleston, SC Christmas event. These Shem Creek cruises will take place through the month of December in Charleston. Advanced reservations are available, and recommended! Call 843.276.4203 or visit www.thrillercharleston.com for more information.
- Holiday Choral Performances at Charleston Country School of Arts: Join in the holiday spirit as The Charleston Country School of Performing Arts hosts a series of concerts sure to please the entire family. Performance are held December 6 and December 14-15 at 6:30 pm. Tickets are $5.00 for adults and $3.00 for students. All shows are held at the Rose Maree Myers Theater for Performing Arts on campus. For tickets and more information visit their website at www.soavocal.com
- Charleston Symphony Orchestra: Join the Charleston Symphony Orchestra on December 14, 2012, at 7:30 p.m. for all of your holiday favorites with the CSO Chorus and conductor James Stephenson, whose arrangements have been performed by the Boston Pops, Cincinnati Pops, New York Pops, and more. It all takes place on the College of Charleston main campus in Sottile Theatre. Tickets may be purchased online at www.charlestonsymphony.org.
Which of these musical festivities will you attend this holiday season?