With Charleston’s breathtaking waterfronts, rolling countryside, historic plantations and home, and lush parks, it is no wonder the city is such a hub for celebrity weddings! On September 9, 2012, Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds exchanged vows at Boone Hall Plantation, the same house featured in the film The Notebook.
Last year, Eva Amurri, Susan Sarandon’s daughter, married Kyle Martino at the Confederate Home event space in Charleston. Even Emily Maynard, the most recent Bachelorette, is purportedly planning her nuptials to reside in the historic city!
If you or your loved ones are looking for a celebrity-worthy wedding, look no further. We’ve compiled Charleston’s most stunning wedding venues right here!
- Boone Hall Plantation: Turns out, the Boone Hall Plantation in Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina—where Lively and Reynolds held their intimate ceremony—is the mansion where Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams first fell in love as Noah and Ally in the 2004 film The Notebook. Other than its silver screen pedigree, the Boone Hall sets the scene for the perfect plantation romance with its famous Avenue of Oaks, nearly a mile of 268-year-old giant oaks draped with Spanish moss that lead to the sprawling house. Over 300 years ago, the brick and tile were handmade for this 18th century plantation and can still be seen, as well as the cotton gin house, circular smoke house, and in the formal gardens’ original walls and walks.
- Confederate Home: The 127-year-old Confederate Home and College offers a unique historic location in downtown Charleston perfect for the big day. The restoration of this landmark features two formal adjoining drawing rooms on the second floor furnished with period furniture and a stately columned piazza which overlooks the landscaped garden. Each drawing room has a fireplace and separate doors for access—the perfect touches for an intimate, romantic occasion.
- Legare Waring House: For a banquet of traditional grace, explore this 1840s home that has showcased legendary parties attended by governors, international dignitaries, and blushing brides alike. Recently redecorated with characteristic Charleston colors and furnishings, the grandeur of this home, accented by an avenue of majestic, moss-draped oak trees, is truly timeless.
- Patriots Point Pavilion: The Pavilion at Patriots Point is one of the most captivating and sought-after event venues in Charleston. With rapturous views of the harbor, the luxury tent sits on the 18th hole with the Harbor just beyond for a truly contemporary, yet classic venue.
- William Aiken House: One of Charleston’s most renowned venues, The William Aiken House has become the centerpiece for the most memorable affairs. This majestic estate has been fully restored to its 1811 condition so that bridal parties and guests can fully relish the rare combination of 19th century elegance and 21st century refinement.
Have you had the chance to explore these enchanting venues? Tell us about it in the comments section below!