If you missed Part I of this post, click here.
See below for the rest of our top 10 things to see and do in Charleston list:
6. Golf: World-renowned for its exceptional golfing scene, Charleston has been attracting avid golfers to its lush greens for years. In fact, Charleston is so well-known for its golf that The PGA of America’s 94th PGA Championship in August 2012 will be held at the famous Ocean Course at Kiawah Island Golf Resort, located just outside Charleston.
7. Magnolia Plantation and Gardens: Explore the stunning gardens and manicured landscapes of Magnolia Plantation as you learn about the area’s history that dates back to the Civil War. You can even enjoy a trip around the plantation on a nature train or boat tour. And after you’ve explored all that the plantation has to offer, stop by their petting zoo!
8. Shopping on King Street: Boutiques galore, King Street is one of the hottest shopping districts in all of Charleston. With a variety of shoe, accessory, jewelry, and clothing boutiques to visit, you’ll always find something new and exciting that you can’t find anywhere else. In addition to one-of-a-kind boutiques, King Street also features some well-known stores including Gucci, Lacoste, Pottery Barn, Sunglass Hut, J.Crew, and more.
9. Downtown Carriage Ride: Take in the sights, sounds, and aromas of downtown Charleston on a charming carriage ride through the historic district. Whether you want your own personal Charleston carriage ride or would prefer to embark on a group tour, the option is up to you. During these tours, your guide will point out some interesting and unique facts about Charleston’s history that you would have never known by simply walking around downtown on your own.
10. Art Walks: Every first Friday of the month, downtown Charleston plays host to a delightful art walk. Depending on where the art walk is held that month, people can visit a variety of galleries (after hours between 5:30 and 8 p.m.), while sipping on free wine, cheeses, and light snacks. The artistic creations found in the art galleries throughout Charleston range everywhere from photography to colored pencil, and various painting mediums to intricate sculptures. And for art walks happening on Broad Street, keep an eye out for Zan Smith, an artist who creates unique frog sculptures that are unique to Charleston!
Have you ever been to Charleston? If so, what’s your favorite part about this wonderful city?