Whether you’re a Charleston resident, visiting Charleston for some rest and relaxation, or coming to Charleston to visit The Center for Natural Breast Reconstruction, there are tons of wonderful activities to take part in, no matter your special interests.
Here is our list of top 10 things to do and see while visiting Charleston, SC:
1. The Aquarium: For all ages, the South Carolina Aquarium is an aquatic wonderland! Filled with exotic species and local creatures alike, the Aquarium offers visitors the opportunity to view a nice assortment of some of the world’s most enchanting animals. One of our favorite features of the South Carolina Aquarium is their Sea Turtle Hospital, where they house injured sea turtles and rehabilitate them before releasing them back into their natural habitat. We also love the river otter and albino alligator exhibits.
2. Ghost Tours: For a little spook, embark on an exciting ghost tour around downtown Charleston to get a feel for why Charleston is known as a haunted city. Some of the ghost tours include dungeon, graveyard, and old jail tours.
3. Wine Strolls at Middleton Plantation: Every Wednesday, up until November 16, Middleton Plantation hosts an exciting Wine Stroll where visitors can delight in tasting a broad selection of wines and stroll through the plantation’s pristine gardens. Tickets are $15 per adult and are a bargain, in our minds!
4. Relaxing on the Beach: From Folly Beach to Isle of Palms, there is a nice selection of beaches to find pure bliss on. Each beach has its own ambiance and nearby attractions, which makes Charleston perfect for all travelers. No matter which beach you choose to visit, you can’t go wrong!
5. Downtown Dining: When it comes to downtown dining, there are dozens upon dozens of options to choose from. It’s impossible to pick one as your favorite. But, some of our absolute favorites include: Cru Café, Hominy Grill, Carolina’s, Peninsula Grill, Fleet Landing, Mercato, Rue de Jean, and the list goes on and on! There are lots of options when it comes to pricing, as well. Restaurants range everywhere, from fine dining to casual eateries.
Stay tuned for Part II of this post where we share five more of our favorite things to do while visiting Charleston.